Indian ESDM sector set for big leap
Indian electronics system design and manufacturing sector, has grown rapidly in the last few years, will see an investment of around 11,000 Crore, focusing on high-end electronics products and technology. At a recent trade expo, electronica India 2013 and productronica India 2013 (eP India 2013) in New Delhi, the government and industry came together to discuss the various prospects of taking the electronic industry to greater heights.
“The main focus this year will be on mobile handset manufacturing, automotive manufacturing, consumer electronics and LED manufacturing as these are the areas of interest in the market,” said Dr. Ajay Kumar, Joint Secretary, Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information.
Kumar added that the partnership of MMI-India and DeitY will work also well for the industry to grow. “We need to take this partnership beyond India and electronics policies need to be discussed globally. The government has a revamped its set of policy initiatives, now focusing on the ‘state-of-the-art’ technologies which make India an attractive destination for investment in electronics manufacturing,” he added.
“We expect the electronic goods demand to rise to $ 400 billion by 2020 for which we need to encourage and unleash the tidal wave for innovation in the sector. Continuous upgrading and advancement hold the key to achieving this target. Not only do we need to focus on the business in manufacturing but issues like infrastructure, policies in which we have progressed quite a way ahead,” informs, PVG Menon, president India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA)
He added that the semiconductor industry is 100% import based and last year alone India consumed semiconductors worth $8 billion. Now, in order to be self sufficient, fab will play an essential role towards this as it can give India the technological edge in the global markets.
The event is currently in its 14th years and was visited by over 11000 people and electronics industry leaders from India and around the world to discuss business opportunities and gain expert insight into the technology and market trends shaping the ESDM industry.
- AI Raises Serious Security Concerns, Say Researchers
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Nasscom Predicts Muted Growth For IT In 2018-19
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- What's The Future of Digital Payment Industry?
- Google’s India Initiative Speak Volumes About India's Booming Internet Base