Indian external controller-based disk storage market to grow 21 percent in 2012
The ECB market in the country totaled US$ 72.3 million to represent a growth of 12.4 percent over similarly placed figures in OND 2011, says Gartner.
The external controller-based (ECB) disk storage market in India is forecast to grow at close to 21 percent in 2012, according to a study from research firm Gartner.
ECB market in India totaled US$ 72.3 million to represent a growth of 12.4 percent over similarly placed figures in OND 2011, the findings revealed.
“The market was buoyed by aggressive spending from within the finance and the insurance vertical and buying from within the government vertical ”, said Aman Munglani, Research Director with Gartner’s Data Center infrastructure and Management Group. IBM, EMC and HP occupied the top three slots and together accounted for close to 63 percent of the overall ECB market.
The study found that for the year, the India ECB disk storage vendor revenue totaled $270.7 million in 2011, a 28.6 percent increase from revenue of $210.5 million in 2010. Among the top four vendors, IBM continued to lead the market, followed by EMC, HP and NetApp.
Worldwide ECB disk storage vendor revenue totaled $5.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, a 4.8 percent increase from revenue of $5.6 billion in the fourth quarter of 2010, Gartner said.
“The fourth quarter 2011 results represent the ninth consecutive quarter of revenue growth, but fell short of our expectations of a 7.6 percent year-over-year increase,” said Roger Cox, Research Vice President at Gartner.
Gartner said that historically, the fourth quarter produces 29.2 to 29.7 percent of the total year’s vendor revenue, but the fourth quarter of 2011 came in shy at 27.9 percent because of three reasons viz. economic weakness in North America and EMEA, some hard-disk drive supply problems caused by the October 2011 flood in Thailand, and the inability of HP and IBM to keep pace with their improving performance during the first nine months of 2011.
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Using Cloud ERP To Automate Finance
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Access to Applications Based on a ‘Driving License’ Model
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov