Indian external controller-based disk storage market to grow 21 percent in 2012
The ECB market in the country totaled US$ 72.3 million to represent a growth of 12.4 percent over similarly placed figures in OND 2011, says Gartner.
The external controller-based (ECB) disk storage market in India is forecast to grow at close to 21 percent in 2012, according to a study from research firm Gartner.
ECB market in India totaled US$ 72.3 million to represent a growth of 12.4 percent over similarly placed figures in OND 2011, the findings revealed.
“The market was buoyed by aggressive spending from within the finance and the insurance vertical and buying from within the government vertical ”, said Aman Munglani, Research Director with Gartner’s Data Center infrastructure and Management Group. IBM, EMC and HP occupied the top three slots and together accounted for close to 63 percent of the overall ECB market.
The study found that for the year, the India ECB disk storage vendor revenue totaled $270.7 million in 2011, a 28.6 percent increase from revenue of $210.5 million in 2010. Among the top four vendors, IBM continued to lead the market, followed by EMC, HP and NetApp.
Worldwide ECB disk storage vendor revenue totaled $5.9 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, a 4.8 percent increase from revenue of $5.6 billion in the fourth quarter of 2010, Gartner said.
“The fourth quarter 2011 results represent the ninth consecutive quarter of revenue growth, but fell short of our expectations of a 7.6 percent year-over-year increase,” said Roger Cox, Research Vice President at Gartner.
Gartner said that historically, the fourth quarter produces 29.2 to 29.7 percent of the total year’s vendor revenue, but the fourth quarter of 2011 came in shy at 27.9 percent because of three reasons viz. economic weakness in North America and EMEA, some hard-disk drive supply problems caused by the October 2011 flood in Thailand, and the inability of HP and IBM to keep pace with their improving performance during the first nine months of 2011.
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- How Brands Can Modernize Customer Engagement
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- GSTR2: To File Or Not To File?
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Flash Is Redefining The Way We Travel
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- Big Data Analytics Firm Dataiku Expands Into Asia Pacific