Indian Fintech Market To Reach $2.4 Bn By 2020: Report
Indian financial technology (fintech) market is expected to double to $2.4 billion by 2020, primarily triggered by rising customer experiences, e-commerce and smartphone penetration, according to a report.
Emergence of fintech companies in India is a prelude to the transformation in payments, lending as well as personal finance that has attracted significant investor interest, the joint report by KPMG India and Nasscom 10,000 Startups said.
“Investor inclination in startup funding is evident in the swelling number of angel deals from 370 in 2014 to 691 in 2015 and investments increasing multi-fold from USD 247 million in 2014 to $1.5 billion in 2015,” PTI report published in Times of India quoted the report.
Global fintech investments rose to $19 billion last year with more than USD 8 billion coming from the US.
The prima facie catalyst for the success of the domestic fintech industry is the government and the multi-pronged approach it has taken towards enabling higher penetration of these digital financial platforms for institutions and the public, it added.
“The roadblocks of low technological and digital infrastructure coupled with the the lack of authentic consumer information can be overcome through continuing government initiatives, regulatory mandates and a robust business environment,” Naresh Makhijani, Partner and Head of Financial Services, KPMG India told PTI.
There are about 12,000 fintech startups globally and India has close to 200 of them, the report said.
Indian customers have shown an unexpectedly fast adoption rate towards fintech offerings. Primary drivers for this change include the significant growth in both mobile and internet coverage and digital payments processing in public services, the report said.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins