Indian IT Cos Willing To Pay A Fee To Hire
The hiring scenario in the Indian IT sector is showing signs of optimism, as tech giants are also seen to be paying a fee to institutes to get the right talent. According to a recent report in Business Line, IT companies planning to hire people from the International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)-Hyderabad will have to pay a fee of 8% (of the annual package a candidate gets) and will get a chance to pick the best candidate.
Tech giants have no qualms it seems as in the ongoing hiring season that started last December, 28 top notch firms agreed to pay the fee and enrolled 105 candidates, or about 25% of the total strength. Those agree to pay the fee will get a slot in the first phase when the campus goes for the next hiring season in December this year, said the institute.
Devi Prasad, Head of Placements at the Institute however confirmed that Indian start-ups, are exempt from this norm. speaking about the details to the news site, he said that in the first two phases of hiring in December, about 270 students out of 350 graduate and post-graduate courses got placements.
About 80 companies, including Google, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon and Samsung, registered for recruitment and the compensation ranges from Rs 4 lakh to 17 lakh until now.
A recent report by Info Edge India stated that recruitment activity in the country is poised to improve this year, driven by sectors such as IT and ITeS. In the last one month, IT recruitment had gone up to 5% and post election it expects companies to go into expansion mode, either ahead of the results or after the polls and concomitantly there will be an uptick in hiring activities of companies.
The report also stated that among the metros, Delhi and Hyderabad witnessed the maximum improvement in hiring trends in 2013 from a year earlier.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies