Indian university to use predictive analysis solution
Mother Teresa Women’s University, a private university based in Kodaikanal, Tamil nadu, has announced its plans to train management students on predictive analysis and reporting solutions. The institute is using IBM analytics solution for this initiative.
The university is using the vendor’s analytical software, SPSS (Statistical Products and Service Solutions), which is a comprehensive, easy to use set of data and predictive analytics tool for users, analysts and programmers. The software is expected to offer flexible, affordable options that help colleges and universities easily integrate statistical analysis, data and text mining and survey research instruction into the classroom.
According to IBM, it is a three-month long course, designed and customized for the university will enable educators to teach effectively, help management students to gain critical analytical skills, and suppors more accurate and insightful institutional research and decision-making that will enable students to solve complex business problems and improve outcomes.
“In today’s technology-driven world, we need to enhance curriculum planning by tailoring courses to different styles of learning. With the new solution, we will be able to better equip students with essential analytical skills to effectively transition into the professional world,” said Dr. N. Kala, Registrar, Mother Teresa Women’s University”.
Consulting firm McKinsey estimates that India would need 2 lakh data scientists in the next few years. Jyothi Satyanathan, Director, Midmarket and Inside Sales, IBM India/South Asia stated that there is a growing demand of skills on Big data and Analytics mixed with Business and management education. IBM will continue to work with universities to merge business and IT skills and assists them to develop consistent, high quality curricula for leading and emerging technologies.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- Connected Cars, Beyond The Paradigm