India’s Big Data Analytics To Reach $16 Bn By 2025: WNS
The Big data analytics sector in India is expected to gross as high as US $16 billion by 2025 from the current US 2 billion, as predicted by experts. This means, it will record an eight-fold growth in the mentioned period and register CAGR of 26 per cent over the next five years, it said.
As per the experts, India is currently among top 10 big data analytics markets in the world. “The government, industry and academia can collaborate to build an ecosystem to generate sustainable solutions by harnessing the power of big data and digital innovation,” said Keshav Murugesh, CEO, WNS Global Services Group.
“The combined power of harnessing big data and digital solutions can drive tremendous results in improving the citizen experience, implementation efficiency and boosting the nation’s economy,” Added Murugesh.
Speaking at the ‘Emerging Worlds Conference’ workshop organized by Indian School of Design and Innovation(ISDI) in collaboration with MIT Media Labs, Murugesh said, “India is a diversified country with a wide array of challenges, and it is pertinent that we as citizens of this country, innovate to find effective solutions that can make a difference to the billion lives that live here.” “If big data can be put to cutting-edge use for our corporations and clients, it can very well be a catalyst for the economy and the country,” he added.
The workshop brought industry leaders, technical experts, data scientist, innovators, academicians, implantation collaborators and progressive corporate collaborators under one roof to address national challenges and source potential solutions.
- GST: Security Issues Plaguing India's Latest Tax Reform
- Re-Skilling Efforts To Continue In IT Sector: Nasscom
- How Do You Pave The Way For A Digital Future?
- Google To Double Headcount In India For Cloud Biz
- Artificial Intelligence: Re-Imagining Big Data's Applicability
- IoT Adoption By Businesses, Govt On The Rise
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 10-14)
- Velocity MR Furnishes Instant Data To Organizations
- Indian Mobile Data May Cost Rs 50/GB By 2020: Report
- Big Data And The Art Of Personalized Banking