India's Digital Advertising To Grow 35pc By 2016-End
When India’s digital revolution raving around industries,the digital advertising market to grow at a CAGR of 35 per cent to reach INR 7,044 crore by the end of 2016 as per the IAMAI_IMRB report.
The Digital advertising market fastened at INR5,200 Crore at the end of December 2015, accounting for about 12 per cent of the total advertisement spends in the country he report titled ‘Digital Advertising in India’ said.
The digital advertisement market has grown steadily from Rs 1,140 crore in 2010-11 fiscal to Rs 2,260 crore in 2012-2013 and further Rs 5,200 crore in 2014-15, the report added.
In terms of volume, e-commerce led the digital advertisement spends with Rs 1,040 crore followed by telecom (Rs 780 crore), banking, financial services and insurance (Rs 728 crore) and FMCG (Rs 676 crore), the report by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International said.
In 2015, the education sector spent Rs 312 crore, while travel and auto verticals spent Rs 572 crore and Rs 540 crore, respectively, on digital advertising as reported by Business Line.
The BFSI sector spent a higher share of its advertisement expenditure on digital compared to other verticals with 40 per cent of its overall advertising spends going towards digital. This was followed by e-commerce (26 per cent), telecom (25 per cent) and travel (25 per cent).
The digital ad companies spent about ₹1,488 crore on ‘search’, while close to ₹940 crore was spent on social media in 2015.
Expenditure on video ads such as on YouTube also showed huge gains in 2015, accounting for 17 per cent of the overall advertisement spends in the digital space, the report added.
“As these trends continue, video advertisement is expected to gain further in 2016,” the report added.
This has been driven by higher Internet speeds available to the consumers, coupled with an increase in mobile advertisements.
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services