HP Dominates As India’s PC Shipment Dips: IDC
PC shipments in India declined 2.2 per cent to 2.14 million units in the April-June quarter this year, research firm IDC said. The sales stood at 2.19 million units in the second quarter of last year. However, on a sequential basis, the shipments grew 7.2 per cent over the January-March quarter this year.
“Consumer spending throughout the quarter remained lukewarm. However, owing to seasonality, the quarter ended up with a positive momentum,” PTI report published in NDTV quoted IDC India Senior Market Analyst Client Devices Manish Yadav as saying.
With forthcoming benefits from the 7th Pay Commission and increased budget allocation for rural India, coupled with good monsoon, the rural demand is anticipated to improve, while urban demand is steadily picking-up, he added.
The Indian PC market is expected to recuperate in due course of time, IDC said. “Consumer demand has remained optimistic over the last few quarters and is anticipated to thrive in coming quarters owing to increased consumer spending both as result of seasonality and festive buying,” Yadav said.
The consumer PC market recorded 1.05 million units (up 14.5 per cent quarter-on-quarter), while commercial PC market recorded 1.09 million unit shipments (1.1 per cent jump sequentially) in the second quarter of 2016.
“Factors like increasing infrastructure spending and pro-active reforms agendas by the government has led to rise in business expectations,” Yadav said.
HP led the market with 28.4 per cent share, helped by strong retail presence, competitive pricing and a well-spread partner coverage across the country, IDC said.
Dell stood second in the tally with 22.2 per cent, followed by Lenovo (16.1 per cent) and Acer (14 per cent). “Our reinvented focus on enabling digital transformation has helped us sustain the market leadership and providing access to technology for consumers and businesses through innovative products and solutions,” HP Inc India Director Personal Systems Ketan Patel said.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market