More Indian CIOs Now Trust Public Cloud: Study
Indian organizations have been embracing cloud since its advent in the country. India’s trust in public cloud has increased 85 percent states a study by cloud-enabled security and data protection solutions provider Barracuda Networks.
Here are some of the key highlights of the study:
· Of Indian respondents using the cloud today, 46 percent of their infrastructure is already in the public cloud
· 27.96percent of Indian organizations’ annual IT budget is spent on public cloud
· 78percent of Indian organizations’ state that their security concerns restrict their organization’s migration to the public cloud
· 53percent percent have been targeted by cyber attacks
· 93percent Indian respondent fully understand the public cloud security responsibilities of both their organization and IaaS provider as opposed to Hong Kong (58percent) and US (84percent)
“This report highlights the ongoing increase in public cloud use in India, with many organizations seeing substantial process and financial benefits. Even though most Indian respondents (93percent) fully understand the public cloud security responsibility, there is still some skepticism of migrating to the public cloud due to security reasons,” said Senior Director Product Management, Barracuda Networks, Anshuman Singh.
The respondents’ use of public cloud is on the rise, as is their sophistication in working within the cloud. On average, Indian organizations have nearly 46 percent of their infrastructure in the public cloud today.
In all of APAC, more than half (52percent) of respondents believe that their public cloud IaaS provider completely successfully offers strong protection of access to applications in the cloud. Just under nine in ten (89percent) respondents report that their organization uses public cloud for data storage, while, almost two thirds (65percent) say the same for data recovery.
In APAC, four in 10 reported that their organization relied on public cloud deployments to expand their services, often replicating those over multiple regions, while 24 percent said they only migrated selected services to the cloud and kept the balance on premises.
Public Cloud Benefits
100percent of respondents report that their organization has seen benefits as a result of moving to the public cloud, with over half reporting that their organization has seen improved security of applications (55percent) and greater scalability (55percent). Furthermore, of respondents whose organization uses more than one public cloud provider, 96percent believe that they would see benefits from using fewer service providers.
Public Cloud Challenges
Security remains to be the biggest challenge when it comes to using the public cloud – 78 percent in India felt that security concerns restricted their ability to migrate workloads to the public cloud.
Over half (53percent) in India had experienced at least one cyberattack.
Public Cloud Security
The Shared Responsibility Security Model – wherein cloud providers are responsible for the security of the cloud, while organizations using the cloud are responsible for the security of what they put in the cloud – is not new, and 93 percent in India felt they fully understood their cloud security responsibilities. The percentage was much lower in Hong Kong 58percent, and was 84percent in the US.
Additionally, in India, 77 percent were confident that their move to the cloud was secure, with 71 percent responding that they had included additional security solutions in their public cloud infrastructure.
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- AI, Cloud, IoT To Have Huge Impact On Semicon Revenue: KPMG
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified