Industries Ally to Connect India
An industry-wide movement to promote broadband Internet and WiMAX has been launched.
The movement, called ‘Connected Indians’ is an alliance between the government and organizations like Intel, NIIT, Tata Teleservices, Tata Communications, Reliance Communications, CII, ASSOCHAM, WiMAX Forum, and MAIT.
This joint initiative is expected to cover approximately 100 cities and towns across the nation over the next few months.
In related news, Intel has said it will make affordable Atom-based devices available to the public over the next several months. These devices will be priced from Rs 5000 onwards.
Wireless Broadband: Is it the Answer?
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc