Industries Ally to Connect India
An industry-wide movement to promote broadband Internet and WiMAX has been launched.
The movement, called ‘Connected Indians’ is an alliance between the government and organizations like Intel, NIIT, Tata Teleservices, Tata Communications, Reliance Communications, CII, ASSOCHAM, WiMAX Forum, and MAIT.
This joint initiative is expected to cover approximately 100 cities and towns across the nation over the next few months.
In related news, Intel has said it will make affordable Atom-based devices available to the public over the next several months. These devices will be priced from Rs 5000 onwards.
Wireless Broadband: Is it the Answer?
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- NIIT To Train 1 Lakh Youth In IT-BSFI Through TPaaS
- Indians Lack Awareness Of Malicious Cryptomining: Study
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- India Set For AI-Led Economic Transformation: Report
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report