Infor Buys SSA Global
In a significant development in the global enterprise solutions and services market, System Software Associates Global (SSA Global) has announced its acquisition by Infor, provider of enterprise software specializing in manufacturing and distribution industries.
SSA Global offers a range of integrated extension solutions including corporate performance management (CPM), customer relationship management (CRM), product lifecycle management (PLM), supply chain management (SCM) and supplier relationship management.
Going strong with 13,000 legacy customers globally and deep roots in the manufacturing industry, SSA Global makes for a suitable buy for Infor. Close to 80% of the company’s total revenues come from the manufacturing industry.
The acquisition not only means one less competitor for Infor but also stronger portfolio of offering for customers. It also puts Infor in a close third place with giants like Oracle and SAP.
“With this acquisition, Infor will become the third largest enterprise software provider in the industry with approximately $1.6 billion in revenue. Infor has become a significant force in the industry by assembling and innovating market-specific, best-in-class enterprise software solutions, which provides customers with a flexible choice in the market,” said Jim Schaper, Chairman & CEO, Infor.
Acquisition by Infor is not that bad for SSA, which was bankrupt just six years ago. However, in a short span of time the company managed to turn the tide in its favor with strategic acquisition of ERP assets such as Baan and CRM maker Epiphany among others.
The acquired software capability prompted SSA to engage in development of its own line of enterprise applications software aimed at addressing several corporate operations requirements including sales, human resources, supply chain, product lifecycle, and corporate performance management software.
- CXOs Adapt as Enterprise AI Moves Beyond Experimentation
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- Here's Why Web Performance Market Will Keep Growing
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- HP Leads In The Declining Global PC Market: Research
- CIO Klub Chennai Chapter Marks Sixth anniversary