Infor opens center of excellence in India
Infor, a provider of business software inaugurated its Center of Excellence (CoE) in Hyderabad, India. Among other functions, the facility will house a dedicated team of experts in Infor’s Global professional services organization to deliver greater value to customers, including increased implementation efficiency and customer response times.
Infor is focused on expanding its presence in India and the Asia-Pacific region by increasing its staff, channel partners and customer base in the area. Approximately 550 employees will staff the CoE, of which the professional services team will help customers reduce the cost of ownership, focus on strategic IT initiatives, maximize systems availability, reduce risk, gain rapid time to value for new projects, and keep pace with evolving business priorities.
"India is not only a rapidly growing market for businesses, it is also a fertile ground for talented software and service developers, proficient in English, and able to support the operations of a global company like Infor," said Jim Schaper, Chairman and CEO, Infor.
The engineers at the CoE will provide support to Infor customers in the Asia-Pacific region as well as overflow and off-peak support to customers in EMEA. Additionally a team will support Infor’s global internal finance structure, reporting to Infor’s CFO and driving organizational and financial efficiencies.
"Our new Center of Excellence here in Hyderabad will enable us to provide new and growing customers best-in-class professional services consulting and support," added Schaper.
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- India Sees Highest Rise in Online Shopping in Asia Pacific
- Narvar Appoints Srivatsa Narasimhan As India VP
- Big Data Analytics Firm Dataiku Expands Into Asia Pacific
- What Makes Apple So Bullish About India
- APAC CIOs Leading Adoption of Disruptive Technologies: Gartner
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- IT Firm Synechron To Hire About 1500 Staff