Informatica Launches Support for Amazon EC2
Informatica has released the beta version of Informatica PowerCenter Cloud Edition, a cloud computing data integration product running on Amazon’s web service - Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud or EC2.
The data integration software provider has also launched PowerCenter Service, an on demand offering that will allow IT and Business users to remotely execute and manage data integration jobs in Amazon EC2 over an Internet browser.
The PowerCenter Cloud Edition leverages Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon S3 and also provides access to a variety of enterprise data sources including relational databases, flat files and SaaS applications.
"We are pleased that our mutual customers can now leverage Amazon EC2 when using PowerCenter," said Terry Wise, Director of Partner Relations for Amazon Web Services. "With the release of PowerCenter Cloud Edition for Amazon EC2, customers can smoothly integrate all their off-premise cloud-based data and on-premise data."
"During the past five years, the incredible growth around cloud computing has dramatically shifted the IT landscape," said Srinivas Pallia, SVP and global head, (business technology services) of Wipro Technologies. "Our clients continue to seek our expertise to leverage the power of the cloud in order to gain a competitive advantage, realize cost savings and performance benefits. Informatica’s move onto Amazon EC2 will be beneficial to customers of all sizes and in all geographies."
The Informatica PowerCenter Cloud Edition on Amazon EC2 is being offered in both a ‘pay-as-you-use’ model starting at $24.95 per hour and a traditional perpetual license pricing. As of now, it is available on Amazon EC2 as a beta release, with the company looking for production release in September 2009. PowerCenter Service is available immediately as part of the Informatica On Demand Summer 2009 release.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud