Infosys Appoints Nilanjan Roy Of Bharti Airtel As CFO
India’s second largest software services firm Infosys announced the appointment of Nilanjan Roy of Bharti Airtel as its chief financial officer (CFO).
Roy is a BCom (Hons) from the Delhi University and a chartered accountant. At Bharti Airtel Roy held last the position of global chief financial officer. Prior to spending 13 years with Airtel, he worked for 15 years at Unilever across their global operations.
Infosys said interim CFO Jayesh Sanghrajka will resume his responsibilities as deputy CFO from March.
“We are delighted to announce that Nilanjan will join Infosys as our CFO. He comes to us with extensive and rich global experience. We would like to express our deep appreciation for Jayesh Sanghrajka for taking charge as interim CFO and thank him for ably executing this very important responsibility,” Salil Parekh, CEO & MD of Infosys, said on the appointment.
Roy succeeds M.D. Ranganath who put in his papers in August to pursue professional opportunities. He continued as CFO till November 16. He has worked at Infosys for 13 years in total.
He was appointed as the deputy chief financial officer for the group in October 2015. Prior to his current role, he was the financial controller for Infosys. Between 2000 and 2007, he managed many functions, including internal audit and technical accounting.
He also managed the finance function of all of Infosys’ subsidiaries and was a senior member of the company’s taxation team.
- Indian IT Sector Lessons From USD 1.8-Bn HCL-IBM Deal
- Infosys CFO MD Ranganath Steps Down
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Infosys CEO Sets A 3-year Transformation Strategy
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years