Infosys inaugurates development center in Thiruvananthapuram
Infosys Technologies (Infosys) recently inaugurated software development block (I) at its Technopark Campus II (SEZ) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. V.S. Achuthanandan, CM, Kerala, the Chief Guest at the inaugural ceremony and Oommen Chandy, Leader of the Opposition, Kerala Legislative Assembly was the Guest of Honor.
Senior representatives from Infosys were also present at the occasion, including Kris Gopalakrishnan, CEO and MD, Srinath Batni, member of the board, Ramadas Kamath, Sr. VP and Sunil Jose, head – Infosys Thiruvananthapuram development center.
“We are pleased to inaugurate the first software development block (I) at our Technopark campus II (SEZ), Thiruvananthapuram as we expand operations in the city. The state government has invested and worked towards enhancing infrastructure facilities at Thiruvananthapuram to make it a premier IT destination globally,” commented Kris Gopalakrishnan.
The campus II (SEZ) is spread over 50 acres and will be developed over a period of five years in a phased manner. According to the company, the software development block (I) inaugurated at the Technopark campus II (SEZ), has the capacity to seat 1,600 employees and has seen an investment of Rs. 180 crore till date. A 1,800 seater software development block (II) is also currently under construction at this campus.
Infosys stated it started its operations in Thiruvananthapuram in January 2004, housed in the Bhavani and Thejaswini building of Technopark (STP), Thiruvananthapuram. The campus at Technopark (STP) seats over 1,500 employees.
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh
- Infosys Names Capgemini's Salil Parekh As New CEO
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- AI To Bring More Jobs, Revenues To Businesses
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- Five Big Data Trends To Influence AI In 2018
- How Robotics Is Changing The Shared Service Landscape
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience