Infosys launches its Cloud Ecosystem Hub
IT major Infosys launched its new Cloud Ecosystem Hub for enterprises that want to integrate public and private cloud services with their existing IT infrastructure.
According to Infosys, the new solution has been developed keeping in mind the response to the recent trend of cloud migration in the enterprise. The new offering allows storage of data and access to software on a pay-per-use model, helping companies to cut costs as they do not have to invest in infrastructure.
According to Vishnu Bhat, VP & Global Head for cloud at Infosys, “Fragmentation of enterprise workloads across technologies and services running on both private clouds and multiple public cloud services is a key issue for customers, so Infosys is offering customers self-service catalogs of well-integrated business applications, platforms and other point technologies with the support of its partners.”
The Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub has an enterprise-wide decision support mechanism to select, compare and deploy cloud services from across providers. Bhat said that enterprise decisions can be based on an evaluation of over 20 parameters such as quality of service, technology compatibility, regulatory compliance needs and total cost of ownership of application workloads.
The hub also provides customers with a single-window view of the enterprise cloud system, across private and public cloud and on-premise IT. It will also enable easy monitoring of cloud resource usage for optimising utilisation.
With the new offering, the company will target both new and existing clients, especially in sectors like financial services, lifesciences, retail, manufacturing, energy and utilities.
The IT major is working with over 30 providers of cloud infrastructure, applications and platforms including Amazon Web Services, CA Technologies, Dell, Hitachi Data Systems, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Microsoft and VMware. Bhat added that the purpose is to build connectors between different technologies as well as to customize the applications and services in order to meet specific customer requirement.
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- eSIM And Soft SIM: A New Era For The Mobile Ecosystem?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration