Infosys Rolls Out Rural BPO Centre Initiative
IT major Infosys Technologies plans to set up rural BPO centres in 22 districts of Andhra Pradesh in the next six weeks as part of its pan-India plan.
Amitabh Chaudhry, CEO & MD of Infosys BPO Limited, a subsidiary of Infosys, said, "The first such BPO centre will be set up in the next six weeks, which will provide a testing ground for this model. The capital expenditure and other details will be worked out subsequently."
"Over 1,000 people would get direct employment through the rural BPO centers in the next 12-15 months. Statistics suggest that direct employment generates 1.4 times indirect employment as well," he added.
Infosys is in talks with other states as well for similar ventures, Chaudhary said, without disclosing the names.
Infosys would be partnering with Desicrew Solutions and Ruralshores Business Services for executing this project. Desicrew has implemented many rural BPO centres, while Ruralshores is a leading rural BPO provider in the country.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Bata Strengthens Omnichannel CRM Strategy
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study