Infosys Shortlists Five Infocians to Head BPO Unit
Infosys Technologies has shortlisted five of its employees to step into the shoes of chief executive officer (CEO) for its BPO unit on January 15, 2010.
The post of CEO of Infosys BPO fell vacant after Amitabh Chaudhry quit last month.
Talking to CXOtoday, Nandita Gurjar, senior vice president & group head, human resource, Infosys Technologies, said, "Ever since Amitabh resigned last month, we were on the lookout for his replacement within the organisation and have already shortlisted five candidates to replace him."
In fact, three of them are from our centres within the country while two are from our overseas centres. We shall announce the replacement in January, said Gurjar. She, however, did not disclose any further information.
Chaudhry quit his position after driving the buy of US-based outsourcing service provider McCamish Systems.
Sources in the industry indicate that Chaudhry may join HDFC Standard Life, a JV between Housing Development Finance Corp and Britain s Standard Life Insurance. He is currently serving a three-month notice period at the company.
Chaudhry, a former investment banker, joined the back-office unit of India’s second largest software exporter Infosys Technologies in 2003. He was elevated to the position of CEO in 2006 and since then the unit’s revenues have increased to $316.2 million in FY09. Before joining Infosys, Chaudhry was head of the investment banking at Credit Lyonnais Securities in Southeast Asia and structured finance practice for Asia.
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Infosys CEO Sets A 3-year Transformation Strategy
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI