Infosys To Provide CBS ‘Finacle’ To Paytm
Software firm Infosys would provide its core banking solution Finacle to e-commerce platform Paytm for its payments bank business, the firm said.
“Paytm will leverage Finacle for its deposit products and payments platform, enabling it to roll out innovative offerings,” the outsourcing firm said.
The flagship banking product is part of the company’s subsidiary EdgeVerve Systems. The application program interfaces of Finacle will enable Paytm to integrate payments bank services to its wallet business at a reduced cost and simplify its banking operations.
“Our premier product will enable Paytm to offer a bouquet of current account and savings-based products and services, besides wallet offering,” the statement noted.
Finacle’s scalability will allow Paytm to meet growth needs and manage expansion in the scale of its operations.
“We have chosen Finacle as it is a scalable solution for small value, high volume transactions for millions of customers,” IANS report published in Business Today quoted Paytm Chief Executive Shinjini Kumar as saying.
With 126-million user base across the country, Paytm is on a mission to put half-a-million citizens on way to use mobile payment banking services cost-effectively.
“Payments banks are set to revolutionize banking space, helping the un-banked and under-banked. Paytm also pioneered the growth of mobile payments and e-commerce in the country,” EdgeVerve President Andy Dey said.
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations
- How Is Data Masking Done?
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- Infosys CFO MD Ranganath Steps Down
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Paytm Mall Eyes $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March'19
- Zendesk Launches Integration with WhatsApp Business Solution