Infosys To Provide CBS ‘Finacle’ To Paytm
Software firm Infosys would provide its core banking solution Finacle to e-commerce platform Paytm for its payments bank business, the firm said.
“Paytm will leverage Finacle for its deposit products and payments platform, enabling it to roll out innovative offerings,” the outsourcing firm said.
The flagship banking product is part of the company’s subsidiary EdgeVerve Systems. The application program interfaces of Finacle will enable Paytm to integrate payments bank services to its wallet business at a reduced cost and simplify its banking operations.
“Our premier product will enable Paytm to offer a bouquet of current account and savings-based products and services, besides wallet offering,” the statement noted.
Finacle’s scalability will allow Paytm to meet growth needs and manage expansion in the scale of its operations.
“We have chosen Finacle as it is a scalable solution for small value, high volume transactions for millions of customers,” IANS report published in Business Today quoted Paytm Chief Executive Shinjini Kumar as saying.
With 126-million user base across the country, Paytm is on a mission to put half-a-million citizens on way to use mobile payment banking services cost-effectively.
“Payments banks are set to revolutionize banking space, helping the un-banked and under-banked. Paytm also pioneered the growth of mobile payments and e-commerce in the country,” EdgeVerve President Andy Dey said.
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh
- Infosys Names Capgemini's Salil Parekh As New CEO
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- Alibaba Sees India As Significant Market In Its Global Strategy
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- SBI Teams Up With BankChain, Intel For Blockchain Deployment
- Top DDoS Threats That Businesses Must Prepare For
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale