Infosys to Recruit More Staff for Australia Ops
Infosys Technologies plans to recruit people primarily at senior and middle levels as well as some junior-level employees who have graduated within the last few years during this financial year.
Infosys last week announced that it had been chosen by Telstra as a key strategic partner to support its five-year Aus $450 million application development and maintenance contracts. The Telstra win is one of the many factors behind this recruitment.
A Infosys spokesperson said, "The growth will occur predominantly in Sydney and Melbourne, but also may see some people travelling too for assignment."
"The growth is supported by a desire to hire locally for longer-term assignments rather than being dependent on niche skills; being supported from the build-up of new talent to compliment our Consulting and Systems Integration Unit launched earlier this year, and various new opportunities which are opening up across other industry verticals," she said.
The company claims to have about 2,500 staff currently serving about 1,000 clients. Infosys has offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
Earlier last week, announcing their Q1 results, Kris Gopalakrishnan, CEO of Infosys Technologies, said, "Telstra has been one of our most significant clients globally since 2003, and we re delighted to be selected to build on that strategic partnership."
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation