Innovative Tech, Intelligent Automation Among Top Trends In 2018
Innovative technology adoption, talent shortages, and trade protectionism are predicted to be the top trends in service delivery for 2018 and the next several years, according to research by KPMG.
According to the survey, investing in new and improved information technology and investing more in robotic process automation (RPA) rank among the top initiatives identified by respondents.
“Almost all organizations are recognizing the potential huge impact and benefit that collective intelligent automation (IA) technologies and their capabilities will provide for addressing talent and skills shortages and improving process efficiencies while further driving out costs,” said Dave Brown, KPMG principal and leader of global and U.S. Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory services.
“Those organizations that focus on creative disruption using IA to drive true innovation, especially in new initiatives and in customer-facing operations, will likely become the clear, long-term winners. However, those fixated simply on cost-reduction alone will be the likely losers in the service delivery game,” he added.
The trends for 2018 predicted to have the largest positive impact include; Intelligent automation: 62 percent, Greater access to innovative technologies (automation, cloud, D&A): 56 percent and Improving customer demand: 42 percent
Those with the largest negative impact are, Talent shortage: 55percent; Trade protectionism: 36percent; and Restrictive environment for M&A (protectionism; nationalism): 32percent.
The survey of more than 1,000 KPMG professionals in 154 countries sought to separate marketing hype from reality when it comes to the latest trends and technology developments of Global Business Services (GBS), Intelligent Automation and the service delivery market. It includes observations by professionals in the firm’s Sourcing Advisory Services, Financial Management, Technology, Human Resources, Customer & Operations and other practice areas.
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- TalentSprint Sees More Potential Of Blockchain In Fintech
- AI, Cloud, IoT To Have Huge Impact On Semicon Revenue: KPMG
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- Direct Co-ordination With CEO Can Maximise Cyber Security