Different management styles to make Patni acquisition rocky
The Patni Computer Systems acquisition is expected to end up as quite a rocky one, with industry sources citing current management styles of both companies and the dynamic individual drive and status of Phaneesh Murthy, President and CEO, iGate Corporation (NASDAQ:IGTE) and Patni’s CEO, Jeya Kumar in determining the leadership team of the new entity.
It is expected that neither of the acquiring companies namely iGate Corporation and the Carlyle Group will step into the integration process. If and when a final acquirer is declared, industry sources expect one of the big four consulting companies to step in and manage the successful transition of people, process and clients.
Sources also have cited that a third party consulting company will be appointed respectively by both the two contenders namely the Carlyle Group joining forces with Advent International; and iGate Corporation taking on Apax Partners on its side for this buyout.
Industry Sources have confirmed that PricewaterhouseCoopers has been approached and is expected to come in on the side of the Carlyle Group if and when they acquire Patni Computer Systems.
Not many in the industry see this acquisition as a threat as all are expecting the integration to be in turmoil which will take time to settle down for the newly emerged entity to function seamlessly.
It is widely accepted that the members of the Patni family are expected to sell out their complete stake, while current investor General Atlantic, is expected to stay invested for now.
The biggest challenge that will be seen of this acquisition is the integration and management of the old school leadership team of Patni Computer Systems being meshed together with the dynamic new school team at either iGate Corporation or the Carlyle Group.
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- CIO Klub Chennai Chapter Marks Sixth anniversary
- Infosys Welcomes New CEO Salil Parekh From Jan 2
- Apple India Names New Sales Head As Sanjay Kaul Quits
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders
- Rolls Royce Partners TCS To Bolster Digital Capabilities
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- Salesforce And Google Form Strategic Partnership