Intel Supports Cisco's Wi-Fi Solution
Intel Corporation has announced that it will support the latest version of Cisco Compatible Extensions in Intel’s next-generation Wi-Fi solution.
This latest initiative by Intel is seen as an act of providing customers the assurance that Intel-based devices can interoperate with Cisco Wi-Fi access points.
Cisco Compatible Extensions 4.0 is a key component of the Business Class Wireless Suite, introduced by Cisco and Intel to help make wireless LANs more robust for the enterprise.
The suite provides an additional layer of features to the elements of Cisco Compatible Extensions 4.0 and Intel PROSet/ Wireless Software v10, including enhanced roaming and business applications such as Voice over IP.
“Cisco Compatible Extensions is a valuable tool for enterprises wishing to ensure that user devices are designed for interoperability and to take advantage of the latest standards in security and manageability,” said Jim Johnson, VP and GM of Intel’s wireless networking group. “With this certification, future Intel Centrino mobile technology customers can be assured that their devices are designed to be supported.”
By announcing the support for Cisco’s Compatible Extensions, Intel has become the first vendor to achieve Cisco Compatible Extensions 4.0 certification, with the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.
“Intel has been a key collaborator for Cisco, working together to ensure that enterprises get the most out of their wireless networks,” said Brett Galloway, VP and GM of Cisco’s wireless networking business unit. “Intel’s commitment to the Cisco Compatible Extensions program is evidence of our companies’ long-term alliance and the benefits we can jointly deliver to enterprises.”
The Intel PRO/ Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection with support for Cisco Compatible Extensions 4.0 will be in the next-generation of Intel Centrino mobile technology, which will be available in early 2006.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Cisco Brings AI-Based Voice Assistant For The Enterprise
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- SBI Teams Up With BankChain, Intel For Blockchain Deployment
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Intel Imparts AI Training To 9,500 Techies
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66