Intex Tech Mobile Business Head Sanjay Kalirona Steps Down
In a surprise move, Intex Technologies’ mobile business head Sanjay Kalirona has resigned from his post. According to the report, Kalirona resigned late last week and will leave the company by mid of this month.
Kalirona joins the list of a slew of senior executives stepping down from the number 3 smartphone player in the country. According to sources, Kalirona would be joining another local yet lesser known rival, Zen Mobiles, as chief operating officer.
Both Intex Technologies and Zen Mobiles didn’t respond to emailed queries, while Kalirona declined to comment on his move.
Kalirona is an old hand at Intex and will be moving on after 15 years at the IT peripherals-to-mobile phones company. He did a stint of a little over a year at Akai’s mobile phone division in between his tenure at Intex.
Since it’s foray into smartphones in 2011, Intex has played on price in an aggressively competitive Indian market, managing to shore up a 9.2 percent share in the quarter ended March. However, in the last few months, many senior executives have quit.
Earlier, Intex’s old hand and head of product, Sudhir Kumar, moved to Itel, a top brand of African major Transsion Holdings, as CEO over a quarter ago.
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- Technical Challenges For Implementation Of GST
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- Digital Engineering Spend To Grow 124 pc By 2022
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?