Intex Tech Mobile Business Head Sanjay Kalirona Steps Down
In a surprise move, Intex Technologies’ mobile business head Sanjay Kalirona has resigned from his post. According to the report, Kalirona resigned late last week and will leave the company by mid of this month.
Kalirona joins the list of a slew of senior executives stepping down from the number 3 smartphone player in the country. According to sources, Kalirona would be joining another local yet lesser known rival, Zen Mobiles, as chief operating officer.
Both Intex Technologies and Zen Mobiles didn’t respond to emailed queries, while Kalirona declined to comment on his move.
Kalirona is an old hand at Intex and will be moving on after 15 years at the IT peripherals-to-mobile phones company. He did a stint of a little over a year at Akai’s mobile phone division in between his tenure at Intex.
Since it’s foray into smartphones in 2011, Intex has played on price in an aggressively competitive Indian market, managing to shore up a 9.2 percent share in the quarter ended March. However, in the last few months, many senior executives have quit.
Earlier, Intex’s old hand and head of product, Sudhir Kumar, moved to Itel, a top brand of African major Transsion Holdings, as CEO over a quarter ago.
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation