Invest in Middleware For Overall IT Performance
Investments in IT infrastructure, by and large, are towards backend storage and front-BI applications. However, to achieve real-time output, enterprises need strong middleware solutions in place - especially the BFSI as they need to process large volumes of ‘parametrical’ data.
Talking to CXOtoday, Ajit Karunakaran, director (business development, SEA region), Gemstone Systems, an enterprise software company, said large parametrical dynamic data is piped in fractions of seconds between the database and BI in a traditional disparate IT system. This results in unnecessary round-trips to database.
Middleware technologies like ‘distributed grid databases’ solutions prevent redundant functional between systems. GemFire’s middleware solution - ‘enterprise data fabric’ - helps database-bound architectures decrease latency and improve scalability considerably through a predominantly memory-based data management scheme, he said.
Similar to the stress test conducted by the US government, the RBI wants financial institutions to deliver risk metrics on an each-day basis. This will force enterprises to push their IT infrastructure to invest in middleware computing applications to expedite processing and meet the norms, Karunakaran said
Stock trading are now becoming interconnected to different zones. As trading systems become more distributed with complex calculations (intra-currency), the middleware system will find a prominent place in IT infrastructure.
On the competitor in middleware applications, Karunakaran said, "Coherence - a component of Oracle fusion middleware - is one among our competitor applications that offers similar functionality."
Apart from BFSI, middleware applications also gain importance in high data processing industry like BPM, pharmaceutical, online gambling, animations and real-time risk reporting.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce