IOB selects Juniper for branch network upgrade
Juniper Networks has been selected by Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) to provide an all-in-one networking solution to 600 branches nationwide. By deploying Juniper Networks SSG20 Secure Services Gateways (SSGs), IOB has achieved its goal of improving branch network connectivity, security and manageability with a simple-to-install solution, enabling it to improve branch-based customer services.
IOB is one of India’s major state-controlled retail and commercial banks, with a network of around 2,000 domestic branches. The deployment of Juniper Networks SSG20 integrated firewall/VPN platform at 600 of IOB’s branch locations is the first phase of a branch network overhaul which is due to be completed next year.
"The deployment of Juniper Networks solutions has enabled us to increase branch network resiliency, security and manageability. That translates into a more stable platform for staff at our local branches to deliver customer service improvements," said M.S. Raghavan, GM-IT, Indian Overseas Bank.
Juniper Networks SSG20 SSGs are purpose-built security appliances that deliver a perfect blend of performance, security, routing and LAN/WAN connectivity for small branch offices. Dual I/O expansion ports, which accept a variety of WAN interface modules, enable IOB to maintain both point-to-point and MPLS connections between its branches and its core network.
"Indian Overseas Bank’s IT Department, which is ISO 9001-certified, was meticulous in assessing the technical and commercial merits of our SSG20 Secure Services Gateways, validating what we believe to be the best-in-class branch networking solution," said Ravi Chauhan, MD, Juniper Networks India.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Indian IT Cos Reducing Dependence On Visas: Nasscom
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud