Iomega Offers Iomega REV Loader 280
Iomega, a global leader in data storage has announced the Iomega REV Loader 280 - a new desktop autoloader that provides up to 280 GB (560 GB compressed) of storage.
Aimed at enabling backup and archive duties of small businesses, it uses removable technology to manage up to eight removable 35 GB REV disks in a compact desktop form factor - 17cm X 13cm.
It connects to a server through a USB 2.0 interface, and includes support for disaster recovery.
“Today’s small businesses cannot take chances with their critical data. The new Iomega REV Loader 280 is a backup kit in a box that includes everything a small business needs and delivers on our REV vision of capacity without limits and backup without worries,” said Tom Kampfer, President & COO, Iomega Corporation.
Unlike tape backup products that rely on linear-access technology, the REV Loader 280 drive uses durable 35 GB REV disks based on hard disk drive technology and offer virtually unlimited rewrites per disk and cost approximately half as much as some automation tape products, according to Iomega.
It also claims to offer reliable operation even in dusty or dirty conditions where tape-based backup technologies could fail. Password protection and encryption provide additional data security.
The Iomega REV Loader 280 desktop autoloader is expected to be available worldwide in early April, and its suggested retail price in India will be Rs64,675. Iomega REV 35 GB disks are available for about SRP Rs2864.62.
- 5 Rules For CXOs To Prevent Ransomware
- Enterprise, Cloud Focus Driving Veeam India's Revenue Base
- Why Every Day Is Backup Day
- Data Backup Is Not Enough, Its Important To Be Available
- 5 Benefits For Businesses Implementing Cloud Accounting
- Top 4 Storage Predictions for 2016
- It Isn't About Data Backup, But About Recovery
- The Must-Haves Of Email Archiving
- Are We Suffering From Digital Amnesia?
- Data Breaches Driving Cloud Storage Gateways