iPaaS not yet mature enough for the enterprise
Even though the future of integration-platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) solutions is promising, the solutions are not yet mature enough for enterprises to be used for a wide range of complex integration requirements, according to a research report by Ovum.
The research firm noted that despite evolving at a fast pace and offering several benefits above other integration approaches, iPaaS cannot be touted as the ’silver bullet’ for SaaS integration as it has been portrayed by other analyst firms. According to Ovum, enterprises should meticulously plan in order to achieve seamless integration.
Ovum forecasted that global spend on integration solutions will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3 percent between 2011 and 2016 to reach US$14.4 billion by 2016. Of this spend, a considerable part will be for SaaS integration products driven by the increasing complexity of enterprise application portfolios and tight IT budgets.
The latest Ovum report added that while traditional integration approaches, including service-oriented architecture (SoA), custom code development, and integration outsourcing, are unfit for the needs of complex integration requirements, cloud-based integration approaches are not the perfect solution either.
“While cloud-based integration solutions do align well and provide many sought-after benefits, the solutions are not yet completely mature and offer less functionality than what is provided by traditional integration solutions,” Saurabh Sharma, senior analyst in Ovum’s software team, noted.
On the contrary, Gartner, in its recent report defined iPaaS as one that enables implementation of application, process, service, and data integration and the relevant governance, in the cloud.
“Only a well-planned approach will ensure that SaaS integration projects are completed on time, within the allocated IT budgets and, more importantly, deliver the desired end-to-end functionality,” Sharma added.
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner