iPolicy to Launch UTM Security Suite in India
A part of its unified threat management (UTM) framework, the new product, named iPolicy, will be able to handle real-time processes up to 40gigabits. The company claims to provide the same security frameworks and architecture to the enterprise as to the carrier providers with the new release.
iPolicy Networks will target education, financial institutes, manufacturers, media, and banks with the product.
Bound with the NDA agreement, Rajiv Goel, VP, iPolicy, did not disclose names of the company’s India customers, but explained the nature of deployments here. "We have implemented iPolicy on the entire ERP of a large financial company, have secured the data center of a manufacturer, and are protecting billing information and customer data for a power management company in the country."
To a question on how the company competes with the likes of Juniper, Checkpoint, McAfee, and Sonicwall, among others, Goel said, "We compete with them in terms of quality. Plus, we are offering customers an all-in-one product. In fact, at one point of time, our R&D department, now comprising 176 employees in Noida, worked on fabless chip designs. This gave us expertise in electronic design tools which came in handy when we entered the security market. Also, we’re empowering customers to adopt the software as a service (SaaS) route for their security needs."
And in those days companies such as Cisco and Juniper were not even in the network security market. Checkpoint too did not exist at that time. "Our contemporaries back then were NetScreen (which was later acquired by Juniper), Fortinet and Foundry," Goel said.
Today, iPolicy competes with Juniper for firewall, ISS (now an IBM product) for intrusion prevention, McAfee on antivirus, Iron Port for anti-spam, and Fortinet, Sonicwall and Juniper for UTM.
It has also structured its business around the competition and will launch the new products in two phases. Initially, point products and then specialty products, which will include enterprise digital rights management software.
Globally, iPolicy Networks has deployed iPolicy across 90 enterprise customers, including three in India.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem