Is your agency doing enough Scenario Planning?
Its likely we all have a seminal book that sticks in your mind as “THE” book that transformed your perspective on marketing. As an Ogilvy alumni I’d likely be burnt at the stake if I didn’t reference “Ogilvy on Advertising” Others that always bubble to the top include all the classic tomes; “Built to Last”, “Pursuit of Excellence”, “Being Direct” or more recently “Made to Stick”, “Hoopla”, “Groundswell” or “Trust Agents”. While there’s no denying that each and every one of those did have an impact, for me the book that shook up the ol’ grey matter most profoundly was Peter Schwartz’s brilliant book “The Art of the Long View”. In it Peter covered the alchemy and wizardry known as Scenario Planning and, quite literally, knocked me on my ass.
Derived from classic military tacticians, Scenario Planning came into vogue when Royal Dutch/Shell started using it as a core strategic development tool for the entire organization.
To read full article click here…
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector
- The Final GDPR Checks You Mustn’t Forget
- GDPR Law Boosts Cyber Security Jobs in India: Study
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool