ISVs Extend Support for Vista
The launch of Microsoft Office and Exchange Server 2007 along with the Windows Vista operating system has motivated many companies to come up with new systems in its support.
Companies like Symantec and Trend Micro are still working on products for Vista. Meanwhile, companies like McAfee, Wipro, HCL, IBM, EMC and CA have already come up with their solutions supporting it.
McAfee has introduced its VirusScan and AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.5 support for Microsoft Windows Vista, to provide customers with advanced, pro-active protection from viruses, worms, spyware, adware, rootkits, hacker attacks and exploits.
On the other hand, Wipro has also announced its willingness to help customers adopt Microsoft’s newly released softwares. It is also involved in developing application migration and deployment solutions around Windows Vista. To have a smooth transition from their existing platform to the new Windows Vista operating system, Wipro is integrating EZDeploy Desktop Solution.
Following the current trend, HCL Technologies Ltd.’s Infrastructure Services Division (HCL ISD) has launched ‘Zero Touch’ desktop deployment solution for Microsoft Windows Vista. It provides a completely automated process to enable enterprises to minimize risk, bring higher visibility, and reduce deployment cost by over 40%.
IBM is not to be left behind in this race. It has announced new provisioning software that will help accelerate the deployment time for Microsoft Windows Vista customers. It has also come up with Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS deployment, based on its acquisition of Rembo. This will help organizations to automatically install and upgrade operating systems on thousands of servers, laptops and desktop computers simultaneously.
Following the bandwagon, EMC has introduced a storage system, software, solution and service support for the new Microsoft products, with new assessment and migration services to ease customers’ transition to Exchange Server 2007.
- 6 Things To Consider Before Opting For Co-working Space
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft
- What Stops Companies From Adopting Big Data Analytics
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones