'It benefits organizations to have a strategy to deal with their data centers'
Wipro Technologies, along with Outsourcing Center, an Alsbridge company, announced the findings of a survey conducted on data center optimization, at the Gartner Data Center Conference being held in Las Vegas. As the amount of data proliferates across all industries, organizations of all types are challenged with optimizing their data center operations.
Since data is at the very heart of most businesses, Outsourcing Center and Wipro conducted a survey that included 75 CIOs and Heads of IT from Fortune 1000 companies across US, Europe and APAC that aimed to determine the current state of organizations’ data centers as well as explore the attitudes and challenges towards data center optimization. The participants represented a range of industries including retail, financial services, transportation/logistics, manufacturing, healthcare and telecommunications.
The key findings of the survey are:
1. Datacenter strategies (IT infrastructure, applications, network and facility) clearly impact businesses.
2. Most organizations operate from multiple data centers but owned fewer than half of their data centers.
3. Most organizations do not know the detailed cost breakdown of each data center.
4. Fewer than half of organizations have adopted alternative models for data center management.
5. Lack of measurable return-on-investment is holding organizations back from moving to alternate data center management models.
The survey also points out new approaches to the data center can provide organizations of all types with myriad benefits. By standardizing, consolidating, virtualizing and automating processes, organizations can transform their data centers to be lean and energy efficient. Transforming the data center can enable growth, minimize risk, increase speed and agility, and lead to dramatic cost reductions.
The complete survey report can be accessed at:
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- Millennials and Cybersecurity: Understanding the Value of Personal Data
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap
- Applying A Customer-Centric' Formula For Business Success
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive