'It benefits organizations to have a strategy to deal with their data centers'
Wipro Technologies, along with Outsourcing Center, an Alsbridge company, announced the findings of a survey conducted on data center optimization, at the Gartner Data Center Conference being held in Las Vegas. As the amount of data proliferates across all industries, organizations of all types are challenged with optimizing their data center operations.
Since data is at the very heart of most businesses, Outsourcing Center and Wipro conducted a survey that included 75 CIOs and Heads of IT from Fortune 1000 companies across US, Europe and APAC that aimed to determine the current state of organizations’ data centers as well as explore the attitudes and challenges towards data center optimization. The participants represented a range of industries including retail, financial services, transportation/logistics, manufacturing, healthcare and telecommunications.
The key findings of the survey are:
1. Datacenter strategies (IT infrastructure, applications, network and facility) clearly impact businesses.
2. Most organizations operate from multiple data centers but owned fewer than half of their data centers.
3. Most organizations do not know the detailed cost breakdown of each data center.
4. Fewer than half of organizations have adopted alternative models for data center management.
5. Lack of measurable return-on-investment is holding organizations back from moving to alternate data center management models.
The survey also points out new approaches to the data center can provide organizations of all types with myriad benefits. By standardizing, consolidating, virtualizing and automating processes, organizations can transform their data centers to be lean and energy efficient. Transforming the data center can enable growth, minimize risk, increase speed and agility, and lead to dramatic cost reductions.
The complete survey report can be accessed at:
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- Behavioural Economics Optimizing Employee Engagement
- The Final GDPR Checks You Mustn’t Forget
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations