IT Critical for Business Growth, say Women CXOs
Women CXOs say that IT is critical for business success across all industry verticals, and technology-driven practices enable companies to target new markets and facilitate partnerships.
Various women entrepreneurs and CXOs gathered at a recent TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) event in the capital for the launch of a Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to women entrepreneurs in the NCR region.
CXOtoday asked them how they viewed the role of IT in their business and organizational operations. The women entrepreneurs were unanimous in their view that, in the current competitive market across industries IT is critical as a tool for business success as well as a facilitator in organisational operations.
Technology is a great enabler, and it can scale up business. In this competitive environment, standardization is critical, and IT can accomplish the business challenges that women entrepreneurs are facing, said Janaki Chaudhry, VP (IGT), GE India.
IT is a most important and critical tool for business success, said Shikha Sharma, MD of Dr. Shikha s Nutri-Health Systems. The current economic downturn is an opportunity for a business to grow, and technology can be leveraged to reduce operational costs as well as enhance business functionalities. She added that CXOs should leverage IT for growth in the current recessionary phase.
Meena Kapoor, CEO of Astroyogi.com, views IT as a business enabler across industry verticals. IT has moved from being a vertical to a horizontal. Moreover, with globalization, technology-driven practices enable companies to target new markets and facilitate partnerships, she said.
Kapoor said her company has leveraged technology to launch products across all platforms, including IPTV and 3G.
The general sentiment among the women CXOs was that IT is now an integral need for any business to function.
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- How Cisco Streamlined UTI's Communication System
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business