IT managed services: MIAL, Wipro enter 10-year deal for new integrated terminal
Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd, the operator of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) in Mumbai, has entered into a 10-year contract with Wipro Infotech, for providing IT services for the new integrated terminal “T2”. Wipro will be responsible for providing managed services across the entire IT landscape at MIAL and delivering high-availability and operational efficiency across all the critical airport processes.
Although initially envisaged for T2, Wipro will begin the transition with a takeover of the IT services in the current terminals at CSIA, which is expected to commence from April 1, 2013. As regards to T2, Wipro will assist in the preparation of IT-related Standard Operating Procedures and also work closely with MIAL during the testing and trial phase of the IT systems prior to managing all the IT services for the new terminal. Wipro will be responsible for complete IT management for T2 for a period of 10 years.
“Our vision is to make T2 a global showcase and IT will play the role of a significant business driver. We plan to invest in technology and systems and have accordingly decided to partner with Wipro to provide the services. This exercise will help CSIA raise it to global standards, equipping it with technology that is currently present at top airports across the world,” said Rajeev Jain, CEO, MIAL.
“This engagement with MIAL adds strength to our existing airport and infrastructure practice and positions Wipro uniquely in delivering value to our clients globally in this major emerging sector,” said Anand Sankaran, Senior Vice President, Wipro Infotech and Global Infrastructure Services.
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- 5 Ways To Future-Proof IoT Devices
- Media Firms To Think AI, Cognitive To Achieve Personalization
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula