ITC Infotech launches asset tracking and management systems
ITC Infotech, a fully owned subsidiary of ITC Ltd, has announced the launch of AVALUET, a hybrid RFID solution designed to support the existing Asset Tracking and Management systems and processes. According to the company, the new solution can enhance human interpretation of assets with barcode printed RFID labels and rugged tags to meet the ever increasing challenges of asset management and tracking in today’s business environment.
“Today, as organisations grow in size there is a need for greater control and visibility of assets. Legacy manual procedures must be replaced with more productive and more accurate solutions for asset management. AVALUET offers the right mix of technologies including RFID, barcodes and mobility integrated into one, to meet real world business needs,” said V VRajasekhar, Senior Vice President, Business Consulting at ITC Infotech.The solution is smart-phone enabled and is also integrated with existing legacy systems including ERP and CRM. AVALUET also helps overcome the difficulties that exist in traditional processes with linear barcodes and scanning of items that require close proximity. The solution is ideal in powering applications in the transportation, retail and hospitality sectors.
Yathinder Sridhar, Global Head – ITC Infotech Auto-ID Solution Center , said “Today, as one of the pioneers in offering AUTO-ID business solutions, ITC Infotech is delivering solutions that are highly reliable and can become a trendsetter in the RFID automation space. We aim to design, develop and deploy accurate and cost effective solutions that help in the widespread adoption of wireless/ RFID technology worldwide.”
The new solution not only guarantees accurate inventory valuation but also monitors and updates the accountability of assets mapped to individuals. Additionally, it also defines the right use of technology hardware for tracking and tracing back assets based on industry needs.
- How IoT Is Creating Modern, Smart Cities
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Smart Cars Can Be The Next Big Thing For Indian IT Firms, Says Study
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- How To Build A Workforce Of Relentless Change Agents