Time To Discuss Security At The Board Room
With the rapid adoption of digitization, cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT), cyber threats are becoming more personal and more complicated. In such a complex cyber security landscape, the preparedness of the organization becomes very critical. But, when it comes to awareness about security, many organizations lack the seriousness and willingness to treat security as the boardroom agenda. The trend is drastically changing with CISOs taking an active part in budget allocation and technology deployments safeguard the organization both from external as well as internal threats. The responsibilities of a CISO are more complex today and therefore, a right coordination is essential between a CIO and CISO in framing a security framework.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Myla V Pilao, Director, TrendLabs Marketing Communications, Trend Micro highlights complexity of the security landscape and the emerging role of CISOs in addressing the advanced security threats. Pilao also touches upon the point of privacy versus security and a right approach of organizations. Pilao further says that IoT and enterprise built attacks will lead the cyber security landscape in the coming years.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)