Time To Discuss Security At The Board Room
With the rapid adoption of digitization, cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT), cyber threats are becoming more personal and more complicated. In such a complex cyber security landscape, the preparedness of the organization becomes very critical. But, when it comes to awareness about security, many organizations lack the seriousness and willingness to treat security as the boardroom agenda. The trend is drastically changing with CISOs taking an active part in budget allocation and technology deployments safeguard the organization both from external as well as internal threats. The responsibilities of a CISO are more complex today and therefore, a right coordination is essential between a CIO and CISO in framing a security framework.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Myla V Pilao, Director, TrendLabs Marketing Communications, Trend Micro highlights complexity of the security landscape and the emerging role of CISOs in addressing the advanced security threats. Pilao also touches upon the point of privacy versus security and a right approach of organizations. Pilao further says that IoT and enterprise built attacks will lead the cyber security landscape in the coming years.
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study
- Decoding The Security Factor In IoT
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks