Jay Bhatt quits Autodesk to lead Progress Software
Bedford-based BPM and infrastructure software provider Progress Software announced the appointment of software technology executive Jay Bhatt as its President and Chief Executive Officer, effective December 5, 2011.
Bhatt had been instrumental in driving the strategy and day-to-day operations of Autodesk’s largest vertical business unit for the past eight years before this appointment.
Michael Mark, Chairman of the Progress Board of Directors, said, “We are delighted to welcome Jay Bhatt to Progress Software. The Progress Board of Directors is in unanimous agreement that he has the right combination of experience, skills and talent to lead Progress Software and drive the company’s strategic vision and execution.”
Bhatt will also be elected to the Progress Software Board of Directors.
“I look forward to leading the company through the changing business landscape and strongly believe that Progress is positioned to succeed in the future with both a winning strategy and a technology portfolio that is critical to its partners and customers,” said Bhatt on his new role.
Bhatt was responsible for Autodesk’s global Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Solutions Division. In this role, he had the responsibility for software development, marketing, product management, product design, business development, finance and human resources.
Prior to this role, Bhatt led Autodesk’s Corporate Development, Business Development and Strategy functions, and was responsible for driving M&A, strategic partnerships and corporate strategic planning.
He also served as the Chief Financial Officer and Head of Corporate Development for Buzzsaw.com, Inc., which was acquired by Autodesk in 2001. Earlier in his career, he worked as an investment banker.
Richard D. Reidy, who announced on August 1, 2011 that he would leave Progress Software once a successor was found, will step down as President and Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the Progress Software Board on December 5th.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?