Jaypee group deploys SAS strategy management to improve logistics
Jaypee group, an infrastructure industry organization, has recently, deployed strategy management from SAS, a business analytics and intelligence solution provider. This development is meant to improve the margins through improved logistics for operations research of the company, which has a diverse portfolio of businesses, including engineering and construction, cement, private hydropower, hospitality, real-estate development and highways.
Speaking about the partnership, R.B. Singh, CFO, Jaypee Cement, said that, “Now, faster than ever, we can determine the best combinations of mode and route to ship our products. The net ROI is huge – it’s automated decision making in real time.”
The company chose SAS/OR to manage a complex shipping matrix that involves shipping product to major markets, using various modes of transportation. SAS/OR provides a powerful array of optimization; project scheduling and simulation techniques to identify alternative actions and scenarios to better allocate routes and resources and optimize transportation logistics.
“This yet another win for SAS ensures our commitment as a partner to help organizations make a clear impact on their business goals,” commented Sudipta K Sen, regional director, South-East Asia, CEO & MD, SAS India.
The company stated that, the strategy management enables improvement of governance, focus and alignment of key initiatives and goals by breaking down organizational silos that can inhibit effective strategy execution throughout an organization.
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses
- How Technology Is Shaping India's Logistics Industry
- How IoT Can Help In Better Vaccination Efforts
- How Technology Will Help Logistics Sector Post-GST
- GST Rollout: Logistics Firms Need A Strong IT Backbone
- Cyber-security Must Focus On The Human Point
- ATM Maker Diebold Sees Demonetization As Big Business Opportunity
- Driving Technology-Led Growth In The Financial Sector
- Top Executive Reshuffle At Samsung Mobile In India: Report
- Decoding The 'Maharashtra Cyber' Project