Jet Airways inks contact center deal with IBM
Jet Airways has inked a deal with technology major IBM where the latter will manage the customer call centre and back-office services for Jet Airways as well as offer improved analytics capabilities to the company. Services will be provided in the areas of domestic and international reservations, Jet Privilege program, cargo, refunds and helpdesk services. According to the companies, the arrangement is an extension of their 3-year relationship by the two entities, where IBM was hired to transform the airlines’ core IT Infrastructure. The current deal has been extended for 10 years.
Under the current arrangement IBM will enable Jet to deploy an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to improve services and offer advanced analytics technologies to increase revenue through insights gained while managing the centre. The extended partnership is expected to increase revenues of the airlines company.
Manish Dureja, marketing vice-president, Jet Airways, said the reason for the consolidation of the contact centre under IBM is to become more scalable, save costs and get the best of resources. He adds that one of the major benefits is that the entire offering now comes under one umbrella without any inconvenience to customers. IBM has been providing an array of IT services to Jet, including ERP, data centre management, ERP, revenue management, customer relationship information system and aircraft maintenance and operations system, among others. The company has been able to help Jet Airways elevate their customer experience and future growth by focusing on cost reduction and revenue improvement, says Anuj Kumar, GM, IBM India Global Process Services. He informed that the data analytics will further help them create a better customer outreach and enhance the quality of services. Apart from Jet Airways, the IT major has near about seven airlines clients in India. Kumar said in a statement that the aviation industry will continue to be an important focus for IBM in the coming months.
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Why AI Could Be Cybersecurity’s Next Big Thing
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- 7 Technologies To Increase Business Competitiveness
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study
- Investment to Implementation – Cutting the Long Journey Short