Jeya Kumar is Patni's New CEO
Loek van den Boog who was appointed as executive director earlier this year will handover the operational responsibilities to Kumar and continue as a non-executive director on Patni’s board.
Narendra K. Patni, said, This is in line with our succession planning and strengthening the operational leadership of the company. I am excited with Jeya joining as CEO of the company in view of his extensive experience in this market segment and his excellent track record.
Kumar said, Patni has been a pioneer in the IT Services industry and while I eagerly await taking over as its CEO, I realize that I am stepping into the shoes of an illustrious leader. I look forward to working with Mr. Patni, the Board of Directors and employees to maximize shareholder value and take the company into its new growth phase.
Kumar was until recently the CEO of MphasiS and has more than 25 years of global experience spanning several geographies. Prior to MphasiS, he was senior vice-president of Sun Microsystems and a member of Sun’s executive management group. As head of a $5 billion a year services business, he was responsible for the business unit’s financial performance, strategy, marketing, portfolio management, in-market management, product engineering, technology development, M&A and channels in more than 120 countries. Through the course of his professional career, he has also held various management and executive positions with global firms including Apple Computers Inc. and National Semi-Conductor Corporation.
He has a Master’s of Business degree from Curtin University, Australia and a Bachelor’s of Business degree from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia.
- Indian industry reacts strongly against Birla FIR
- Open-source is in the crux of today's innovations
- Have an open and transparent culture
- Tata Communications' Vinod Kumar named CEO of the year
- MphasiS, Pegasystems to jointly deliver integrated BPM solutions
- IT simplification can drive innovation
- MphasiS appoints Kumail Tyebjee as VP, business leader of mobility service line
- "The focus now is to go beyond core banking"
- AMD names Devinder Kumar CFO
- Cloud computing: Now & beyond 2013 - II