Jindal Steel Transforms Business with SAP ERP 6.0
Jindal Steel & Power, a subsidiary of the O P Jindal Group, has transformed its steel business through SAP ERP 6.0, combined with other business models. With technological advancements, the company is optimistic to derive growth.
Jindal Steel & Power- a flagship company of the O P Jindal Group, which is a multi-billion and multi-product business organization that operates into steel production, and mining iron ore and coal transforms its functional platform with the implementation of SAP ERP 6.0 together with other technology-driven business models that have capabilities to enhance functionalities of human resource, procurement, sales, and other key enterprise segments.
Speaking to CXOtoday, S K Agrawal, SVP (commercial) of Jindal Steel & Power said that they have implemented SAP 6.0 along with all 13 business models that include HRM, BI and ESS. "Our Raigarh plant was on SAP 4.6 C and we upgraded it, and put it onto a single platform. Earlier the data was scattered, and people had to go back to retrieve it," he said.
"We implemented SAP solution to overcome delays, and enhance transparency and accuracy. Now we can get quick and faster decision," said Agarwal. With enhanced capabilities, SAP ERP 6.0 delivers customized solutions for business processes and information management as well as adapt to industry’s changing needs. "We have not cut down budget for IT during recession as we feel technological upgrade is important, and finances are not a constraint for the betterment of system and good practices," he said.
According to Agarwal, the steel industry was affected a lot during the current economy downturn and expansion plans were put on hold by various companies. "With technological advancements, we are sailing smooth, although we have rescheduled some of our projects. As the quarterly results will be announced sometime very soon, our steel products have grown by nearly 35%," said he.
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Five Roadblocks In Enterprise Security Automation