Joseph Steinberg Joins Simplilearn Advisory Board
Simplilearn, an online learning space in the country for training and professional courses, has got Joseph Steinberg on board, an IT security veteran. Steinberg will be on the advisory board of Simplilearn and is expected to contribute in the IT security category courses, reported Business Wire India. Speaking of the developments, he said, “An increasing cybersecurity skills gap is creating vulnerabilities when so many security-related positions go unfilled,” when he further added, “With the further expansion of the Internet of Things, a heightened focus on social engineering, and constant attacks targeting confidential information, the demand for skilled IT professionals is at an all-time high. I am excited to advise Simplilearn and help build a pipeline of trained cybersecurity workers to meet the industry demands of today and tomorrow.”
Burning Glass had recently come up with a jobs report which mentioned that cybersecurity positions are more likely to require certifications than other IT jobs. One third (35 per cent) of cybersecurity jobs call for an industry certification, compared to 23 per cent of IT jobs overall. Frost & Sullivan had also mentioned that certified data security professionals are in high demand currently, and by 2019, there could well be a shortfall of 1.5 million skilled industry professionals in the area.
“Simplilearn is dedicated to appointing the best industry leaders to its Advisory Board. Joseph Steinberg brings a wealth of proven business and security experience, and he will provide our learners with unparalleled guidance,” said Krishna Kumar, CEO, Simplilearn, while speaking about the motivation behind the high-level appointment.
This is weighed in by the fact that Steinberg is the CEO of New York-based information security firm SecureMySocial, and has been calculated algorithmically by Onalytica to be one of the top 3 cybersecurity influencers worldwide. He also writes a column on information security for Inc. Magazine and has authored several books on information security, including (ISC)2’s official study textbook for its advanced information security management exam (CISSP-ISSMP). He is the inventor of several information security technologies used widely today, and his work is cited in over 100 published patents.
Image credit: executives.findthecompany.com
- Poor Corporate Data Literacy Is Costing Your Business, Says Study
- India's Online Smartphone Sales Grabs 35 pc of Total Market: Canalys
- Proactive Data Recovery Can Slash Repeat Data Breach Chances By 30 pc
- Google+ To Close Down After Massive Data Breach Exposed
- Aadhaar Program: Taking a New Look at Secure Identification
- Can De-Linking Aadhaar From Banks, E-Wallets Reduce Security Risks
- Network Complexity Gives Rise To Security, Fraud Issues, Says Study
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- Millennials and Cybersecurity: Understanding the Value of Personal Data
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap