Juniper acquires web security company Mykonos Software
The acquisition will allow Juniper to extend its security portfolio with the only intrusion deception system in the industry capable of detecting an attacker before an attack is in progress.
Juniper Networks said that it acquired Mykonos Software, a provider of Intrusion Deception Systems that protect websites and web applications, for approximately $80 million in cash.
San Francisco-based Mykonos Software was founded in 2009 by entrepreneur David Koretz.
Juniper said that the acquisition will allow the company to extend its security portfolio with the only intrusion deception system in the industry capable of detecting an attacker before an attack is in progress. The transaction closed on February 13, 2012.
“Our strong history of technology execution combined with Mykonos’ accomplished team ideally positions us to deliver an end-to-end security portfolio that provides an always protected environment across devices, applications, the network and the cloud,” said Nawaf Bitar, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Security Business Unit at Juniper Networks.
Mykonos’ deception-based technology can actively prevent attackers and stop even the most sophisticated zero-day web attacks. It is the only company that can catch an attack in progress, profile the attack, learn the attacker’s behavior, and then use that behavior to thwart future attacks, said a statement.
“Acquiring Mykonos Software is a smart move for Juniper. Mykonos’ intrusion deception technology is an innovative defense against zero-day web attacks, automated hacker tools, malicious web content, and similar threats aimed at companies’ websites and web applications. There are opportunities for Juniper to sell standalone and integrated versions of the Mykonos solution,” said Jeff Wilson, principal analyst at Infonetics Research.
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China