Juniper Networks buys Blackwave IP assets
Juniper Networks NYSE:JNPR today announced it has acquired the intellectual property (IP) assets of Blackwave, a provider of Internet video storage and delivery infrastructure. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Juniper plans to integrate Blackwave’s technology with Juniper Networks Media Flow Controller, creating a comprehensive, converged content delivery solutions.
“The acquisition of Blackwave technology continues Juniper’s commitment to the new network by serving the rapidly escalating appetite for high-quality video from anywhere to any device,” said Rajan Raghavan, VP and GM, content and media business unit, Juniper Networks. “The Blackwave technology brings storage performance and scaling capabilities that combined with the Media Flow platform and Juniper’s high-performance networking systems will provide a compelling solution for our customers who require scalable and efficient distribution of content and high-quality video over the Internet.”
Juniper Networks Media Flow portfolio is a converged content delivery and caching solution that improves rich media delivery by leveraging hierarchical caching, superior media-aware intelligence, and massive scalability.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday