Juniper Networks buys Blackwave IP assets
Juniper Networks NYSE:JNPR today announced it has acquired the intellectual property (IP) assets of Blackwave, a provider of Internet video storage and delivery infrastructure. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Juniper plans to integrate Blackwave’s technology with Juniper Networks Media Flow Controller, creating a comprehensive, converged content delivery solutions.
“The acquisition of Blackwave technology continues Juniper’s commitment to the new network by serving the rapidly escalating appetite for high-quality video from anywhere to any device,” said Rajan Raghavan, VP and GM, content and media business unit, Juniper Networks. “The Blackwave technology brings storage performance and scaling capabilities that combined with the Media Flow platform and Juniper’s high-performance networking systems will provide a compelling solution for our customers who require scalable and efficient distribution of content and high-quality video over the Internet.”
Juniper Networks Media Flow portfolio is a converged content delivery and caching solution that improves rich media delivery by leveraging hierarchical caching, superior media-aware intelligence, and massive scalability.
- Using New Techniques To Combat Cyber Threats
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why