Juniper Networks buys Blackwave IP assets
Juniper Networks NYSE:JNPR today announced it has acquired the intellectual property (IP) assets of Blackwave, a provider of Internet video storage and delivery infrastructure. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Juniper plans to integrate Blackwave’s technology with Juniper Networks Media Flow Controller, creating a comprehensive, converged content delivery solutions.
“The acquisition of Blackwave technology continues Juniper’s commitment to the new network by serving the rapidly escalating appetite for high-quality video from anywhere to any device,” said Rajan Raghavan, VP and GM, content and media business unit, Juniper Networks. “The Blackwave technology brings storage performance and scaling capabilities that combined with the Media Flow platform and Juniper’s high-performance networking systems will provide a compelling solution for our customers who require scalable and efficient distribution of content and high-quality video over the Internet.”
Juniper Networks Media Flow portfolio is a converged content delivery and caching solution that improves rich media delivery by leveraging hierarchical caching, superior media-aware intelligence, and massive scalability.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion