Juniper Networks buys Blackwave IP assets
Juniper Networks NYSE:JNPR today announced it has acquired the intellectual property (IP) assets of Blackwave, a provider of Internet video storage and delivery infrastructure. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Juniper plans to integrate Blackwave’s technology with Juniper Networks Media Flow Controller, creating a comprehensive, converged content delivery solutions.
“The acquisition of Blackwave technology continues Juniper’s commitment to the new network by serving the rapidly escalating appetite for high-quality video from anywhere to any device,” said Rajan Raghavan, VP and GM, content and media business unit, Juniper Networks. “The Blackwave technology brings storage performance and scaling capabilities that combined with the Media Flow platform and Juniper’s high-performance networking systems will provide a compelling solution for our customers who require scalable and efficient distribution of content and high-quality video over the Internet.”
Juniper Networks Media Flow portfolio is a converged content delivery and caching solution that improves rich media delivery by leveraging hierarchical caching, superior media-aware intelligence, and massive scalability.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte