Juniper, Riverbed partner to deliver market-leading technologies
Juniper Networks and Riverbed Technology have announced a technology partnership in wide area network (WAN) optimization, application delivery and mobility to deliver market-leading technologies for enterprises looking to increase the efficiency of their IT infrastructures and securely deliver better performance of applications across devices, networks and clouds.
Under the terms of the agreement, Juniper Networks is licensing Riverbed’s application delivery controller (ADC) technology for approximately $75 million. This technology partnership will enhance Juniper’s capabilities in key network domains across the enterprise, including in the data center, across WANs, and consumer and business devices through new application networking technologies that better manage, scale and optimize any application’s use of the network.
“Riverbed’s application acceleration and WAN optimization solutions will complement our strategic focus on delivering high-performance networking infrastructure and further enhance our position in both data center and consumer and business device domains,” Said Bob Muglia, executive vice president, Software Solutions Division, Juniper Networks.
Riverbed and Juniper will begin a joint effort to integrate Riverbed’s Steelhead Mobile technology into the Juniper Networks Junos Pulse client to provide a mobile acceleration solution for mobile phones and tablets. The companies will also work together to deliver best-in-class WAN optimization solutions to their respective customers.
“We’ll work closely with Juniper to bring solutions to market that impact the performance of the entire enterprise and close the gap between data and the geographically dispersed people accessing that data from all around the world on various platforms,” said Eric Wolford, executive vice president and general manager, Products Group, Riverbed
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry
- 3 Technologies That's Changing The Insurance Sector
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- 7 Technologies To Increase Business Competitiveness
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector