Karnataka Bank to outsource ATM management to FIS
Karnataka Bank has announced its plans to aggressive expand the number of ATMs in India. For this initiative, it has tied up with FIS, a provider of ATM managed services. By outsourcing their ATM management to FIS, the bank will be able to focus on its core business expansion and customer service initiatives - allowing for more rapid growth while ensuring its customers have a high-quality, reliable ATM service and ensure greater operational efficiencies.
Karnataka Bank has 550 branches at present across the country. A senior official of the bank mentioned that Karnataka Bank has held a long-standing relationship with FIS. “By expanding our relationship to include the management of our ATMs and debit cards to FIS, we are ensuring our continued growth and viability in the market through the ability to provide excellent customer service,” he said.
Under the agreement, FIS will be responsible for site preparation and implementation of new ATMs, transaction switching, cash management and post-implementation services that include preventive maintenance, caretaker services, help desk and operational monitoring.
Raja Gopalakrishnan, Group Managing Director - Asia, FIS informed that the new deal follows FIS’ recent announcement to significantly expand its ATM outsourcing operation in India. Currently it operates two of India’s four interbank ATM switching networks and provides outsourcing services to some of the banks in India and will manage approximately 11,000 ATMs across India. The company believes that India is a strategic growth market for FIS and the company is making significant investments in both in-country infrastructure and employees to support the continued success of the business.
- Huawei's Indian R&D Center Moves To Cloud Platform
- Dell Helps ICICI Prudential To Improve Customer Service
- Security Management Needs A Greater Focus
- Cognizant Computing To Have Great Impact On Consumer IT
- IBM Helps Financial Services Firm Transform IT Systems
- Telcos Seek More Spectrum To Boost Voice And Data: COAI
- Information Governance Should Be Top Priority For Businesses
- Wipro To Help London Stock Exchange Simplify Operations
- Ericsson Chooses Amitabh Ray To Lead Its India Global Services
- Indian CIOs Yet To Have DR Readiness