Karnataka Bank to outsource ATM management to FIS
Karnataka Bank has announced its plans to aggressive expand the number of ATMs in India. For this initiative, it has tied up with FIS, a provider of ATM managed services. By outsourcing their ATM management to FIS, the bank will be able to focus on its core business expansion and customer service initiatives - allowing for more rapid growth while ensuring its customers have a high-quality, reliable ATM service and ensure greater operational efficiencies.
Karnataka Bank has 550 branches at present across the country. A senior official of the bank mentioned that Karnataka Bank has held a long-standing relationship with FIS. “By expanding our relationship to include the management of our ATMs and debit cards to FIS, we are ensuring our continued growth and viability in the market through the ability to provide excellent customer service,” he said.
Under the agreement, FIS will be responsible for site preparation and implementation of new ATMs, transaction switching, cash management and post-implementation services that include preventive maintenance, caretaker services, help desk and operational monitoring.
Raja Gopalakrishnan, Group Managing Director - Asia, FIS informed that the new deal follows FIS’ recent announcement to significantly expand its ATM outsourcing operation in India. Currently it operates two of India’s four interbank ATM switching networks and provides outsourcing services to some of the banks in India and will manage approximately 11,000 ATMs across India. The company believes that India is a strategic growth market for FIS and the company is making significant investments in both in-country infrastructure and employees to support the continued success of the business.
- CIOs Can’t Afford To Ignore Risk Management Anymore
- "We Will Upgrade Our Offerings Every Week"
- How Banks Can Gain From E-Commerce Tie-Up
- Cloud Video Conferencing Market To Touch $2.9 Bn By 2020
- More IoT Services Drive Cloud Spends: Study
- How Microsoft Is Stealing Google's 'Android' Thunder
- 5 Things To Know about TCS’ Q4 Results
- 5 Ways To Smarten Up Your Data Center
- Cloud Data: Traversing Businesses To Boardrooms
- Newgen Helps RCI Boost Content Collaboration