Kaspersky Lab appoints Indian cricket star Sachin Tendulkar as brand ambassador
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, announces the appointment of legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar as the company’s Brand Ambassador beginning October 2011.
Sachin Tendulkar, one of the greatest batsmen in the history of the game, will be the face of the fast growing IT security brand in India, a leader and expert in antimalware technologies. It is an exclusive association in the antimalware field, and Sachin will represent the Kaspersky brand in India and other regional markets of Kaspersky Lab around the world.
The announcement was made at an internal Channel Partners Meeting in Mumbai. Also, present on the occasion were Mr. Harry Cheung, Managing Director of Kaspersky Lab - Asia-Pacific, Mr. Altaf Halde, Managing Director and Mr. Jagannath Patnaik, Director of Channel Sales, both of Kaspersky Lab - South Asia.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Cheung said: “Cricket is like religion in India. The youth of this nation looks up to Sachin Tendulkar as a huge inspiration. We are naturally excited to be associated with the cricketing maestro.”
Commenting on the association, Sachin Tendulkar said: ”I am very happy to be associated with Kaspersky Lab, a leader in IT security space. To be part of their major involvement in sponsorship of world-class sporting events such as motor sports, rugby, and now cricket will indeed be wonderful. I myself have used Kaspersky products in the past to protect my personal computers and mobile devices, and am satisfied with the performance, security and speed. Just like in cricket, where you need quicker reflexes, what I understand is that Kaspersky’s response time to threats is much quicker and faster than the others.”
Kaspersky Lab is a developer of secure content and threat management solutions.
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- Why AI Could Be Cybersecurity’s Next Big Thing
- Why IoT Benefits Will Outweigh Its Challenges
- Why IoT Security Needs A Rethink
- Facebook CEO Explains How They Will Fix Data Privacy Issues
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- Using New Techniques To Combat Cyber Threats
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?