Kisan ATMs for Rural India
In order to make banking experience smoother for the rural India, AGS Infotech in association with Wincor Nixdorf International has announced the launch of Kisan ATM.
Kisan ATMs are biometric ones that have built-in features like fingerprint verification and voice guided animated screens with touch enabled transaction. The ATM machines are from Wincor Nixdorf and the software applications are developed by ATS Infotech. The ATMs can be customized to the various requirements of the customers.
Sunil Udupa, CEO & president, AGS Infotech commented, “Citizens in rural India are already accustomed to the use of fingerprints for general identification; hence we see great potential for our products here. Currently we are installing our Kisan ATMs for two PSU banks, and are also into talks with other four to five banks.”
This initiative is a step forward from the company’s side in facilitating Financial Inclusion. According to a recent government directive, every PSU is expected to adopt a particular district for Financial Inclusion. It means the PSU will have to ensure that all residents of that district have bank accounts.
Udupa adds, “As it is not financially viable to have a branch in each of the smaller villages, the most efficient and cost effective thing is to set up ATMs in mobile banking units or ‘Branch-On-Wheels’ for facilitating Financial Inclusion.”
Each rural Branch-on-Wheels, with an in-built biometric ATM, can serve 15 to 21 rural branches. It will have an automated teller assist, laser printer, pass-book printer, and an optional VSAT/ CDMA connection.
AGS Infotech is also into negotiations with two PSU banks for the ‘Branch-On-Wheels’.
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018