Kotak Goes Green, Signs Deal with IBM
IBM will design, build and maintain a scalable, energy-efficient green data center as well as the converged IP network infrastructure for the bank. The solution being implemented by IBM will also help Kotak save over $1.2 million in operational efficiency and reduced energy costs over the next five years, according to a statement.
This implementation will help Kotak move towards a shared technology infrastructure services model across all its businesses including Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak Securities and Kotak Life Insurance.
Vikram Sud, group COO, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited, said, In our aspiration towards building a world class, integrated banking and financial services institution, we are rolling out several initiatives which include a shared services utility model to leverage economies of scale and adopting more environmentally friendly processes including the reuse of materials, waste recycling and using renewable energy sources.
The two agreements, signed in September and October 2008, will help Kotak further strengthen its position as one of the leading banking and financial services provider in India. The 7,000 sq ft raised floor green data center being deployed for Kotak uses a chilled water-based cooling and an automatic floor pressurization system.
Kotak wanted to put in place a robust network infrastructure and consolidate its distributed server rooms into one centralized data center which is green and can scale up to the growing needs of its group companies. The solution designed by IBM offers concurrent maintainability in its power and cooling design and an optimal uninterruptible power supply (UPS) configuration for energy efficiency. IBM will also be deploying a new-generation switching technology and IP convergence solution for over 3,000 users.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0