Kotak Goes Green, Signs Deal with IBM
IBM will design, build and maintain a scalable, energy-efficient green data center as well as the converged IP network infrastructure for the bank. The solution being implemented by IBM will also help Kotak save over $1.2 million in operational efficiency and reduced energy costs over the next five years, according to a statement.
This implementation will help Kotak move towards a shared technology infrastructure services model across all its businesses including Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak Securities and Kotak Life Insurance.
Vikram Sud, group COO, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited, said, In our aspiration towards building a world class, integrated banking and financial services institution, we are rolling out several initiatives which include a shared services utility model to leverage economies of scale and adopting more environmentally friendly processes including the reuse of materials, waste recycling and using renewable energy sources.
The two agreements, signed in September and October 2008, will help Kotak further strengthen its position as one of the leading banking and financial services provider in India. The 7,000 sq ft raised floor green data center being deployed for Kotak uses a chilled water-based cooling and an automatic floor pressurization system.
Kotak wanted to put in place a robust network infrastructure and consolidate its distributed server rooms into one centralized data center which is green and can scale up to the growing needs of its group companies. The solution designed by IBM offers concurrent maintainability in its power and cooling design and an optimal uninterruptible power supply (UPS) configuration for energy efficiency. IBM will also be deploying a new-generation switching technology and IP convergence solution for over 3,000 users.
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn