Lafarge To Reap Benefits With PeopleSoft Solutions
With an aim of achieving an integrated procurement and financial management systems atmosphere, Lafarge India Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of the Lafarge group, has deployed SCM, financial and asset management solutions from PeopleSoft.
Sharing the implementation details with CXOtoday, Sesha Srinivas M - general manager-information technology, Lafarge India, said, “The solutions have been deployed for around 130 users spread across five locations. While four locations are connected through VSAT, one location runs on leased lines.”
“The solutions reside on Oracle 9i database, with Windows 2000 Advance at the server level, and Windows 2000 Professional at the client end. The company uses Citrix metaframe Xpa, which functions as its middlware,” continued Srinivas.
Centralization of inventory and purchase functions was a key priority for the company. However, the silos of legacy business systems and manual working procedures, was the biggest inhibitor in realizing this.
Comments Shivesh Sinha, CFO, Lafarge India, “By implementing these solutions, we have centralized our purchasing and inventory management systems resulting in significant benefits and improved adherence to Lafarge group standards. This will also assist us in complying with requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.”
When CXOtoday queried whether other alternatives were considered, Srinivas maintained that no other solution was considered as PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne (formerly JD Edwards) is Lafarge group standard.
Conducted in the big bang way, the implementation, which took seven months flat, did not face any integration issues, concluded Srinivas.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Digital Transformation Lessons For Supply Chain Leaders
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Forget Prevention, Firms Struggle To Even Detect Cyber Threats